LAST UPDATED: October 2021
This is a license agreement between you and Pepper Punch that explains how you can use photos, and photo packs that you license from Pepper Punch. By downloading photos or photo packs from Pepper Punch, you accept the terms of this agreement.
- What types of licenses does Pepper Punch offer?
Every photo downloaded from Pepper Punch comes with a standard license.
You can license photos from Pepper Punch individually or by selecting a photo pack. Photo packs include multiple images.
You are welcome to use watermarked content from the Pepper Punch site on a complimentary basis for test or sample layout (composite) use only. Watermarked content cannot be used in any final materials or any publicly available materials and may only be used for the 30 days following download.
- How can I use licensed content?
You may use content in any way that is not restricted (see Restricted Uses below). Subject to those restrictions and the rest of the terms of this agreement, the rights granted to you by Pepper Punch are:
- Perpetual, meaning there is no expiration or end date on your rights to use the content downloaded during your agreement.
- Non-exclusive, meaning that you do not have exclusive rights to use the content. Pepper Punch can license the same content to other customers.
- Worldwide, meaning content can be used in any geographic territory.
- Unlimited, meaning you can use the content in an unlimited number of projects and in any media.
For purposes of this agreement, "use" means to copy, reproduce, modify, edit, synchronize, perform, display, broadcast, publish, or otherwise make use of.
Examples of how you can use licensed content include: websites; blog posts; social media; advertisements; marketing campaigns; corporate presentations; newspapers; magazines; books; film and television productions; web and mobile applications; product packaging.
Please make sure you read the Restricted Uses section below for exceptions.
- Restricted Uses.
- No Unlawful Use. You may not use content in a pornographic, defamatory or other unlawful manner, or in violation of any applicable regulations or industry codes.
- No Standalone File Use. You may not use content in any way that allows others to download, extract, or redistribute content as a standalone file (meaning just the content file itself, separate from the project or end use).
- No Use in Trademark or Logo. Unless you purchase a custom license, you may not use content (in whole or in part) as the distinctive or distinguishing feature of a trademark, design mark, tradename, business name, service mark, or logo. Additionally, you shall not be entitled to register (in any jurisdiction) such content (in whole or in part) as a trademark or rely on any such registrations, prior use, and/or accrued goodwill to prevent any third party use of the content or any similar content (including by us, our customers, or the copyright owner of such content).
- Sensitive Use Disclaimer Required. If you use content that features models or property in connection with a subject that would be unflattering or unduly controversial to a reasonable person (for example, sexually transmitted diseases), you must indicate: (1) that the content is being used for illustrative purposes only, and (2) any person depicted in the content is a model. For example, you could say: "Stock photo. Posed by model." No disclaimer is required for "editorial use only" content that is used in an editorial manner.
- No False Representation of Authorship. You may not falsely represent that you are the original creator of an end use that is made up largely of licensed content. For instance, you cannot create a painting based solely on licensed content and claim that you are the author.
- No Products for Resale. You may not use content in connection with any goods or services intended for resale or distribution where the primary value lies in the content itself including, without limitation, cards, stationery items, paper products, calendars, apparel items, posters (printed on paper, canvas, or any other media), DVDs, mobile applications or other items for resale, license or other distribution for profit. This includes "on demand" products (meaning products in which content is selected by a third party for customization on such product on a made-to-order basis), including, without limitation, postcards, mugs, t-shirts, posters and other items (this includes the sale of products through custom designed websites, as well as sites such as zazzle.com and cafepress.com). Extended licenses are not available for Music for any of these purposes.
- No Electronic Templates. You may not use content in electronic or digital templates intended for resale or other distribution (for example, website templates, business card templates, electronic greeting card templates, brochure design templates).
- Limited print run. You may not reproduce the content more than 500,000 times in physical print form. This restriction does not apply to electronic reproduction.
- Unless expressly authorized by Pepper Punch, you may not use any items of content in connection with an immutable digital asset intended for sale (such as a non-fungible token).
- No Machine Learning, AI, or Biometric Technology Use. Unless expressly authorized by Pepper Punch, you may not use content (including any caption information, keywords or other metadata associated with content) for any machine learning and/or artificial intelligence purposes, or for any technologies designed or intended for the identification of natural persons. Additionally, Pepper Punch does not represent or warrant that consent has been obtained for such uses with respect to model-released content.
- Who, besides me, can use the licensed content?
The rights granted to you are non-transferable and non-sublicensable, meaning that you cannot transfer or sublicense them to anyone else. There are two exceptions:
- Employer or client. If you are purchasing on behalf of your employer or client, then your employer or client can use the content. In that case, you represent and warrant that you have full legal authority to bind your employer or client to the terms of this agreement. If you do not have that authority, then your employer or client may not use the content.
- Subcontractors. You may allow subcontractors (for example, your printer or mailing house) or distributors to use content in any production or distribution process related to your final project or end use. These subcontractors and distributors may not use the content for any other purpose.
Please note that seat/user restrictions apply. You may only use the content with appropriate amount of users, as explained in Section 5 below.
- Are there any seat/user license restrictions?
Yes. The standard license or subscription is for a single user. The seat/user restrictions refer to the raw file of content, not the end project or use.
This means that you may share content within your single legal entity but the content may only be available to one person at any one time. You may not store the content on a server (giving more than one person simultaneous access to the content).
If you need more than a single user to access the content you must purchase additional licenses.
- User Accounts.
You will be responsible for tracking all activity for each user account, and you agree to: (1) maintain the security of all passwords and usernames; (2) notify Pepper Punch immediately of any unauthorized use or other breach of security; and (3) accept all responsibility for activity that occurs under each user account. Pepper Punch reserves the right to monitor downloads and user activity to ensure compliance with the terms of this agreement. If Pepper Punch determines that you are in breach of this or any other term of this agreement, it may suspend access to your account and seek further legal remedies.
- Intellectual property rights.
- Who owns the content?
All of the licensed content is owned by either Pepper Punch or the artists who supply the content. All rights not expressly granted in this agreement are reserved by Pepper Punch and the content suppliers.
- Do I need to include a photo credit? You do not need to include a photo credit for commercial use, but if you are using content for editorial purposes, you must include the following credit adjacent to the content or in visual production credits: "Pepper Punch"
This agreement is effective until it is terminated by either party. You can terminate this agreement by ceasing use of the content and deleting or destroying any copies. Pepper Punch may terminate this agreement at any time if you fail to comply with any of the terms, in which case you must immediately: cease using the content; delete or destroy any copies; and, if requested, confirm to Pepper Punch in writing that you have complied with these requirements.
- Social Media Termination. If you use the content on a social media platform or other third party website and the platform or website uses (or announces that it plans to use) the content for its own purpose or in a way that is contrary to this agreement, this agreement shall immediately terminate.
- Pepper Punch does not offer refunds or re-credits for downloaded files. File returns will only be considered based on technical issues with the file at the sole discretion of Pepper Punch.
- All requests for refunds/cancellations must be made in writing. If the request is approved, Pepper Punch will issue a credit to your account or credit card. In the event of cancellation, your rights to use the content terminate, and you must delete or destroy any copies of the content.
- Content Withdrawal.
Pepper Punch may discontinue licensing any item of content at any time in its sole discretion. Upon notice from Pepper Punch, or upon your knowledge, that any content may be subject to a claim of infringement of a third party's right for which Pepper Punch may be liable, Pepper Punch may require you to immediately, and at your own expense: cease using the content, delete or destroy any copies; and ensure that your clients, distributors and/or employer do likewise. Pepper Punch will provide you with replacement content (determined by Pepper Punch in its reasonable commercial judgment) free of charge, subject to the other terms of this agreement.
- Representations and Warranties.
Pepper Punch makes the following representations and warranties:
Warranty of Non-Infringement. Your use of the content in accordance with this agreement and in the form delivered by Pepper Punch will not infringe on any copyright, moral right, trademark or other intellectual property right and will not violate any right of privacy or right of publicity; and all necessary model and/or property releases for use of the content in the manner authorized by this agreement have been obtained. Note that you are solely responsible for any edits made to the content (whether using an Pepper Punch editing tool or otherwise).
- Caption/Metadata Disclaimer. While we have made reasonable efforts to correctly categorize, keyword, caption and title the content, Pepper Punch does not warrant the accuracy of such information, or of any metadata provided with the content.
- No Other Warranties. Except as provided in the "warranty of non-infringement" section above, the content is provided "as is" without representation, warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied representations, warranties or conditions of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Pepper Punch does not represent or warrant that the content will meet your requirements or that its use will be uninterrupted or error free.
- Indemnification/Limitation of Liability.
Indemnification of Pepper Punch by you. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Pepper Punch and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and content suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees from all damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable legal costs including attorney fees) arising out of or in connection with any breach or alleged breach by you (or anyone acting on your behalf) of any of the terms of this agreement.
Limitation of Liability. PEPPER PUNCH WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF PEPPER PUNCH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIABILITY.
- General Provisions.
- Assignment. This agreement is personal to you and is not assignable by you without Pepper Punch's prior written consent. Pepper Punch may assign this agreement, without notice or consent, to any corporate affiliate or to any successor in interest, provided that such entity agrees to be bound by these terms.
- Audit/Certificate of Compliance. Upon reasonable notice, you agree to provide to Pepper Punch sample copies of projects or end uses that contain licensed content, including by providing Pepper Punch with free of charge access to any pay-walled or otherwise restricted access website or platform where content is reproduced. In addition, upon reasonable notice, Pepper Punch may, at its discretion, either through its own employees or through a third party, audit your records directly related to this agreement and your use of licensed content in order to verify compliance with the terms of this agreement. If any audit reveals an underpayment by you to Pepper Punch of five percent (5%) or more of the amount you should have paid, then in addition to paying Pepper Punch the amount of the underpayment, you also agree to reimburse Pepper Punch for the costs of conducting the audit. Where Pepper Punch reasonably believes that content is being used outside of the scope of the license granted under this agreement, you agree, at Pepper Punch's request, to provide a certificate of compliance signed by an officer of your company, in a form to be approved by Pepper Punch.
- Electronic storage. You agree to retain the copyright symbol, the name of Pepper Punch, the content's identification number and any other information that may be embedded in the electronic file containing the original content, and to maintain appropriate security to protect the content from unauthorized use by third parties. You may make one (1) copy of the content for back-up purposes.
- Governing Law/Arbitration. This agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida, U.S.A.
- Severability. If one or more of the provisions in this agreement is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions should not be affected. Such provisions should be revised only to the extent necessary to make them enforceable.
- Waiver. No action of either party, other than express written waiver, may be construed as a waiver of any provision of this agreement.
- Entire Agreement. No terms of conditions of this agreement may be added or deleted unless made in writing and accepted in writing by both parties, or issued electronically by Pepper Punch and accepted in writing by you. In the event of any inconsistency between the terms of this agreement and the terms contained on any purchase order sent by you, the terms of this agreement will apply.
- Notice. All notices required to be sent to Pepper Punch under this agreement should be sent via email to support@PepperPunch.com. All notices to you will be sent via email to the email set out in your account.
- Taxes. You agree to pay and be responsible for any and all sales taxes, use taxes, value added taxes and duties imposed by any jurisdiction as a result of the license granted to you, or of your use of the licensed content.
- Interest on Overdue Invoices. If you fail to pay an invoice in full within the time specified, Pepper Punch may add a service charge of 1.5% per month, or such lesser amount as is allowed by law, on any unpaid balance until payment is received.
- Licensing Entity. The licensing entity under this agreement is Pepper Punch; 2130 E. Edgewood Drive; Suite 3; Lakeland, FL, 33803.